Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Joyce's First Boat Ride: Prestige Cruises


"Where are we going?" that was the first question that popped into my head when we hopped in a cab. Earlier that morning, Anthony and I were talking on the phone and he was instructing me to be at SM Mall of Asia at around 4:45-5:00 pm and that I should wear something like a simple Sunday dress and that I should bring a cardigan. He also made me promise to wear the scapular he gave me and because I was too busy doing something I didn't had a chance to wonder what's going on.

Back in the cab, I was looking out of the window and again wondering where we're going. I kept on guessing places but he was just laughing until I saw the ferry of "Prestige Cruises" where all the other passengers were waiting for the boarding. "Are we riding a boat?" I asked like a kid with happy sparkling eyes and looking at me he smiled and nodded. Yeah I know it sounds so cheesy but I don't care, it's my first official boat ride and I'm too happy to care! HAH!!

                                                              ---

First boat ride? at 25? Why? - My parents barely allow me to do any activity that would put me in the middle of any waterbody. They hardly allow me to swim either because I've been through several accidents in the water when I was a kid, they thought it's not safe for me to be in there. But I'll be missing half of my life if I won't get to experience those things so I'd really force them to let me. 


                                    ---

We went straight at the registration booth and took our tickets. You can make reservations ahead for easier and faster on-site transactions. The lady said boarding time is at 5:30, just in time for the famous Manila Bay sunset! :)








We sat on the bench and talked a little while waiting.


The clock hits 5:30 and the crew started calling out the passengers and asked us to form a line (by ticket number) so we can get into the ferry smoothly.


We upgraded our seats so we can sit at the top deck. It's less crowded and has better view! It's advisable to take the right side of the ferry if you'd like to have a nice view of the sunset and the city lights at night! 



As I have said, It was my first time to ride a boat so I had to take some pictures! 








At 6:00 PM the waiters ushered us down so we can get our food from the buffet table (eat all you can). The dishes were not so impressive but I'm more than satisfied by simply watching the city skyline from our table. The night went by and there I was savoring my first boat ride. 

                                     

3 points why it's perfect for dates, birthdays, or any special event you're celebrating:

*AFFORDABLE

Spend 850.00 pesos (per person)  for a Manila bay cruise, buffet dinner and drinks (you may also call them to check their menu beforehand, see if there's food there you or your date is allergic to). 

*FUN and ROMANTIC

You get to enjoy the sunset (if you take the 5:30 pm boarding- I recommend), the city lights and there's a live band to entertain you plus the cold weather.

*ACCESSIBLE 

commuters: from MRT TAFT station there are shuttles going straight at SM Mall of Asia and from there you may walk or take a cab. 

It may seem as simple as that but you should remember some guidelines if you'd like your date to really enjoy your cruise and it's good that you're reading this so that you'll know exactly what to do and bring. I know my date researched for it before we went there that's why it turned out well and I really had so much fun! :)

IMPORTANT: See bold and underlined texts above for some tips! :)


I hope this helps! *wink!




No comments:

Post a Comment